...This Agenda is a plan of action for people, planet and prosperity... We are resolved to free the human race from the tyranny of poverty and want and to heal and secure our planet…

Search This Blog

Friday, June 11, 2010

Historic Moments!


The entire city of Joburg is on fire as South Africans welcome the rest of the world to the historic 2010 FIFA World Cup.

People here, like others from the entire African continent are excited that the long awaited moments are finally here… Ke Nako.

The Soccer City Stadium was home of spectacular display of the rich African culture and the streets of Joburg was a sight to behold.

Colorful scenes at the fan parks for public viewing of the tournament added great excitement to the opening. And of course the sound of the vuvuzela would just not die down as the flags go up!

For me, the experience is so wonderful and I’m glad my waiting was not in vain, most especially when the negative publicity surrounded South Africa’s hosting of the World Cup.

Now a beautify country, with very wonderful people is lifting high this beautiful game.


This very day is also exceptional for me because I had the rare privilege of being hosted by Dutch Radio One in the Netherlands through the SABC studios. The station aired one of my reports for the TwentyTen project and I was humbled to have had the opportunity to market journalism brewed in Ghana. http://www.radio1.nl/contents/16580-road-to-2010

For now… it is here, I feel it and let’s enjoy it!!

No comments:

Translate

Popular Posts