...This Agenda is a plan of action for people, planet and prosperity... We are resolved to free the human race from the tyranny of poverty and want and to heal and secure our planet…

Search This Blog

Friday, February 6, 2015

Poem: I Live No Gutter Life

I and my environment are one
So I live for the environment
I speak for the environment
Environmental justice is what I seek
But I live no gutter life

I believe in communal labour
I lend a hand to build a healthy community
I love service of cleanliness
But I abhor service in servitude
Hence I live no gutter life

I pay my taxes with pain
I feed you to tidy my environment
But I get summons to descend down below
Whilst you smile at the beautiful filth
So I live no gutter life

I seek to be productive with each second
Hence welcome no restricted movement
I seek to breath with ease
But not to bleed under compulsion to serve
Hence I live no gutter life

I hate it when you fail to educate people
I hate it when you fail to crack the whip
I want strong institutions
I want strong leaders
For I feel no good to see you in the gutters

©Kofi Adu Domfeh

@adomfeh 

No comments:

Translate

Popular Posts