...This Agenda is a plan of action for people, planet and prosperity... We are resolved to free the human race from the tyranny of poverty and want and to heal and secure our planet…

Search This Blog

Friday, July 22, 2016

POEM: A call to Daddy from a year-old son

Hello Daddy
Today is my first birthday
Thank you for the reproduction
I know you wanted me to come on the 21st
But well dodged; I rather chose 22nd
‘Cos I come to be greater than you
Mum says I’m her Little Prince
but I know I’m Daddy's Big King

Dad, from the day I arrived, your eyes glee daily
I see you run around to cater for my needs
I see you awake deep in the night; staring at me sleep
You worry when I refuse to eat
You worry about mum when I refuse to let her sleep
You worry the more when I get fixated to her breast
You say the contract was for six months; but I’ve extended to two years
Please allow, Grandma says you did the worse
Scattering your room in the past 12months has been fun
I wonder why you’ve kept most of your valuables from my reach
Forget you not that I’m your heir apparent

Dad, I intentionally refuse to sleep in my cot
Sharing the bed with you and mum is my pastime
I see you vexed when the weather is cozy for you two
But I know my days are numbered in that position
You both will soon kick me out of your bed
Of late, mum gets jealous when I leap from her arms to welcome you
I love to place my head on your chest in passionate embrace
Your strong cuddle gives me confidence to face this life
But please don’t cry when I get sick
The sad sight of your heart makes me recover too soon

Daddy, I hear your daily conversation with the Most High
To bless me, to live in the fear of the Almighty
I promise to stay in the House of the Lord forever
I feel your love for mum
That makes me love you the more
Tell mum I love her very much too
Like you, I want to live to love

Dad, it’s now time to call mum
You know my chat with her will last all day long
So, I’ll be waiting for you to send me more airtime
God bless you daddy!
Bye…

©Kofi Adu Domfeh

(A poem to celebrate the first birthday of my son, Kwaku Gyeabour Domfeh)

No comments:

Translate

Popular Posts